Dear Coaches & Managers,
The following information on Visa application is what Home Affairs in Australia has requested that we need to provide to all competitors wishing to attend the 2018 World Cup. Please be sure that you have met the requirements of this document prior to proceeding with your application for Visa.
Under Australia’s universal visa system, all visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival). For more information, see the fact sheet: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/17nz
There are many visa options available to people wishing to visit Australia. The appropriate visa option will depend, amongst other things, on the person’s purpose for visiting Australia. But generally for most will be a VISITOR VISA, so unless you are travelling for other than assisting in the competition as an umpire/official, a competitor, a coach, a spectator then the visitor visa is all you require.
Please refer to the attached Sport Information Sheet for guidance on the visa options that may be most suitable for your event participants.
Your event participants should also refer to the attached document containing General Information for Visa Applicants..
NB: These are the visa options available presently but the Department reserves the right to change regulations.
IECN assistance will NOT guarantee a visa grant. Visa applicants must demonstrate that they meet all the legislative requirements for an Australian visa.
For additional background relating to:
- visas for people to come to Australia for tourism or business purposes, please see: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi
- visas for people to come to Australia to participate in a specific cultural or social event or events, including sporting events, please see: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/408-
- visas for people to come to Australia to undertake short-term, highly specialised work, please see: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/400-
What us as the organisers must do here:
To assist timely processing by Australia’s visa offices overseas, we are required to:
- Provide a sheet as event participants enter their details into Sports Data online application and we then email it to: email@example.com
NB: In accordance with Australia’s Privacy Act 1988, any information an event organiser or participant provides to the IECN will only be used to facilitate visa processing with the relevant Australian visa office overseas.
What we are required to do for event participants
- Provide participants with a copy of the attached Sport Information Sheets to ensure that they apply for the correct visa.
- Provide participants with a copy of the attached document on General Information for Visa Applicants to ensure that they are aware of visa requirements before they lodge their visa applications.
- Participants must have confirmation of entry, to participate in the event. Letters of invitation will only be issued to event participants who are known to us, and are directly invited by, us. Confirmation of entry should only be issued to event participants who have entered into the event and have paid their entry fees, in full.
- Request event participants apply for their visa well in advance of their intended date of travel to Australia. Information about visa processing times is available on the Department’s website: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times
To ensure success and speed up your Visa application process make sure you have done the following;
- Completed the ITF Sports Data application on line through your National Association.
- Have paid in full the entry fee to obtain your ID card.
- Spectators pay the $30EURO entry fee.
- Accommodation booked.
- Ensure you meet the requirements of the attached documents.
- Have no criminal record or major health issues.
Looking forward to seeing you all here.
On behalf of the organizing Committee